Saturday, March 21, 2009

Support Our Troops Blog Day| 5K by 25 May| Show Your Support

Well, 

I have been out of the loop for awhile. A week ago Friday, the 13Th, I had to take my 2 year old daughter to the ER for a suspicious swollen lymph node under her right jaw. She is OK. They gave her a penicillin shot since she tested for strep. Since the shot, she is doing great. She was actually fine right after the shot!

Then, Monday, my wife went into labor. She gave birth to our second son, Zacharias. He and momma are doing awesome. Although our 2 year old is still adjusting to having a new baby.

Then the final drama was having to take my older son into the ER for a possible concussion after he fell off the monkey bars at school yesterday.

All in all a busy/hectic/trying week! ;) Glad to say, all are fine!

Anyways, I wanted to post a blog in honor of our troops that my friend Mimi organized for today. The "Support Our Troops Blog Day (see a few posts down). So in honor of that, I have written the following:

A post for the "Support Our Troops Blog Day".  

Dear Troops,  

We can never repay or thank you enough for what you have done and will continue to do. You have chosen of your own free will to serve this great country and uphold all the great ideals of it.  

You face evil head on and will not sit idly by while it works it's course. You uphold freedom. You uphold human rights. You uphold the good in all of us.  

You do it for unselfish reasons. You do it because it is right. You do it because that is who you are.  

Thank you for your service and for your and your family's sacrifice.  

Thank you for stepping up and doing what is right. 

Thank you for being a hero!  

I am proud of you all and thank you for your service!  

I have piggy backed off of Mimi's doing and have a goal of "5k by 25 May" (5,000 posts of support) at  


I am calling on ALL true Americans and supporters of American heroes to join us there.  

Cheers,  

Maj Scott Bowen, USAF 
C-130 Aircraft Commander

2 comments:

  1. Scott ~ First, let me congratulate both you and your wife on the birth of your son! How exciting, I know you both must be thrilled! You sure have been very busy this week taking care all of the kids while your wife was "Busy"!

    I want to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to you personally for all you have done to ensure my freedom and truly appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made!

    Please send me a link when you do the post for your great idea on 5K by 25 May, I will add it to my blog, so we can continue to keep people aware of what our Military men and women do for us each day!

    Thanks for participating in "Support Our Troops" Day Blog Event!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy to meet you! My son is in 3-8 Cavalry at FOB Marez. Congratulations on your baby boy. **blows kisses** Deborah

    ReplyDelete